Monday 3 January 2011

Research: Print Artefacts

http://www.musicbizacademy.com/knab/articles/cdcover.htm
Front Cover
Is the name of the artist clearly visible?
Is the name written with a unique logo design?
Is the name of the artist in the top third of the cover?
Is the title of the release distinguishable from the artist’s name?
Is the genre of music hinted at by the cover art?
Back Cover
What specific type of information is included on the back cover?
( Label name, catalog number, barcode, song titles/ times, contact info, (website URL,email address, MySpace address and same for any social networking sites), production credits, Producer's name, more?)
Are the graphic images and text and colors used clear and readable?


Track Listing - this will need to be on my album cover

No.TitleLength
1."Feeling Good"  3:57
2."A Foggy Day (In London Town)"  2:31
3."You Don't Know Me"  4:14
4."Quando, Quando, Quando" (Duet With Nelly Furtado)4:45
5."Home"  3:45
6."Can't Buy Me Love"  3:14
7."The More I See You"  3:47
8."Save the Last Dance for Me"  3:38
9."Try a Little Tenderness"  4:05
10."How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You)"  2:58
11."A Song for You" (Duet With Chris Botti)4:42
12."I've Got You Under My Skin"  3:40
13."You And I"  3:55


Pictures to help me make my poster to advertise my album.




To create my poster I will need to ensure:
  • Black and White, Casual Image of Artist
  • Album Cover in bottom right hand corner
  • "HMV get closer" in bottom left hand corner, with correct font and colour
  • Inspirational lyrics, with block background
  • "My Inspiration" and artist name in the top left corner
  • HMV Dog logo in the top right corner (black background dependant on image)
  • Photography and website information by album cover
  • Artist and Album name by album cover
  • Whether font colour is black or white is dependant on what can be seen on the background image.

No comments:

Post a Comment